10.1.07

(stereo)typical

Crap.
I think I'm a stereotype.
(from buzzfeed)
___

graffiti goodness from City Pages.
___

more public service announcements: Idiocracy is coming to DVD. I was able to see it at the Uptown, but if you didn't, netflix it. Hilarity ensues.
___

I know I'm a big kitchen dork, so I'm going to qualify this, but I think I might like BakeSpace. At minimum, I'll probably get stalked by fewer creepy guys.
___

I need to quit my job so I can dedicate myself to full-time craftiness. Or, maybe just finish my Master's.
___
Dear Idiots:
In case you haven't noticed, it's been unseasonably warm outside for a Minnesota winter. Ice on a lake may not equal safe for your oversized pickup (or your oversized redneck self.) If you are stupid enough to drive on thin ice during a very mild winter, please do the gene pool a favor and stay in the frozen lake.

Thank you,
The Society for People Who Would Rather Not Perpetuate the Idiot Gene
___

In other baking dork news, the NYT has a decent article about the pros and cons of using silicon bakeware. As a purist, I'm sorta against it. Give me vintage cake pans any day. Anyone else have an opinion?
___

My favorite childhood (and hipster-who-no-longer-wants-the-Uptown-drama) neighborhood has a cool new website. Check it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for mentioning BakeSpace! :) We really appreciate it.

-Babette

The Process said...

Why does NE get cool two minutes after we move out of it?!

Sarah said...

You know you are coming back to NE someday, B. We'll keep the cool light on for ya... :)