25.1.07

beaming with pride, and other news.

Fimoculous has a link to a great list: top 10 songs about wonderful cities. But why is Detroit on this list?
---
Diana just passed on an article which infuriated me. Apparently the Little House on the Prairie book series (which I had read twice over by the 3rd grade) is getting a makeover, which includes nixing the original Garth Williams' illustrations. Uh, I do not approve. Make sure you read the 10-year-old child's comment about how pictures are more real than illustrations. Great. This is the environment my precious preschool gets to initiate herself into next year.
---
Closed loop to Gin and Phonics: Precisely why my faith has been restored in humanity, too. It's just damn cool to know such a quality human being. Besides, the food was amazing. (am I a big flapping dork to say how proud I am that this is about my boyfriend?)
---
I'm relatively certain I wore this dress to an 8th grade dance. Why? Why are these disastrous 1980s tragedies reappearing on people?
---
Coo! The Walkmen and Kaiser Chiefs will be here on April 21.
---
[via Lifehacker] I'd try this neato thing, Grocist. As soon as I can get my hands on a barcode scanner. Yah. Because that's the one thing I need cluttering up my kitchen counter.
---
Why the museums in NYC are the best. [via Make:]
---
Hmm. As an avid seamstress, vintage-clothing recycler, etc... this got me thinking about my penchant for the 8-dollar old navy t-shirt, and if I should consider reusing before I run out and buy disposable clothes. Fascinating; I never thought about it this way. The green part of me is ashamed.
---
Gah. Reason #059483 I'm not a fan of endorsements creeping their way into the arts.
---
From the Star Tribune: File this in the WTF file.
---
Have I mentioned Tastespotting yet? (warning: don't look at when hungry.)

No comments: