16.1.07

squeaky, greasy

I'm riding some sort of good karma wave currently... I don't want to dive into a great deal of depth, but interestingly enough, things which used to annoy me seem to be getting righted, one by one.

Examples:
  • Annoying upstairs neighbor, plays his music too loud at 11pm on weeknights. Talked with my landlord, who's really an all-around good guy, as landlords go... and Loudy McSpeakers is going to be put on warning. Apparently he's an all-around champion A*hole. Thank heavens; I thought it might just have been me.
  • Interview clothing: 2 interview outfits (one for Diana, one for me), 1.5 hours... less than $100 for both of us. Shopping shock and awe. Especially since I'm not a big shopper.
  • Phenomenal long weekend. I'm off to an interview in about 5 minutes, so more on that later. Suffice it to say, phenomenal.
  • Much-needed girl time at the Aveda Institute netted a free hand massage in addition to the super-cheap (and great) brow wax. And great girl time.
  • I am in a design/creativity zone of sorts... plans for a dress to wear to my cousin Misty's wedding include brown italian cotton velvet, modding a 50s dress pattern to go from belted dress to a sash, and taking the lapels off the bolero jacket, turning it instead into a mandarin-inspired bolero. Found perfectly matching fabrics for both. Then, stopped at Bead Monkey and picked up the stuff to make an AMAZING necklace to match. I think I may toy more with Dave's idea of getting into a design collective, or consigning the stuff I sew (that I won't wear)...
  • I finished a mitten last night. And watched some Buffy. And made myself a little vodka-cranberry. Heck yah, what better way of spending a Monday night than some quiet time?

No comments: