24.1.07

the post title, my friends, is blowing in the wind.

I had a brilliant idea of what I was going to name today's blog post at trivia last night.
Unfortunately, the flash of brilliance came after the Presidential State of the Union Address Drinking Game. So I have forgotten (as Jana accurately predicted.)

I fear there isn't much blogworthy to report. Although there seems to be stellar dinner to be had at Modern Cafe in Nordeast. The macaroni and cheese appetizer is an utter foodgasm. And bonus: Tuesdays are half-price wine bottles. Three cheers for a cheap portugese red with a huge presence. My favorite portion of my dinner was the end... Dave was so impressed (really something for him to be that impressed, what with his gourmet background and all) he sent a bottle of wine back to the kitchen as a tip. They were adorably flabbergasted. And I'll admit, it's sorta fun to walk out of a restaraunt on the arm of somebody's hero. Seriously, I recommend the place highly. Food wasn't too expensive, and you can't beat it for delish comfort-foodness. (and let's be honest: we all know I'm about the comfort food, when it comes right down to it.)

I'm having an acutely heightened sense of smell today. I don't know what's going on. It's like I can smell the shampoo everyone used this morning. Odd.

Big changes on the horizon for urbanwanderlust... meh, not really for the blog, actually. More because I have a new job (!). I'm heading back downtown for work come February (aw, aren't you bummed I won't be posting about suburban reverse-commuting and idiots who steal the compact spots?)... and I am excited. I'm excited to be able to take the bus, to have some quiet time iwth a book and my iPod in the mornings. I may even be able to bike to work when it gets warm out. I'm looking forward to Thursday lunchtime farmer's market, and lunches with my girls who work downtown, and a reason to leave my office for lunch, and most of all... foor real work again. I have spent the last few months really struggling with making what I am doing now (transitioning and finishing this final project here) a full-time job (hence, the alsmot daily postings... and sometimes just incessant rambling). While I am thankful for RSS feeds and Kingdom of Loathing for keeping me occupied while I waited to be engaged, I have to say, in a week and a half, I'll be excited to have real work to do all. day. long. I don't like to feel as if my skills are going to waste.

Looking forward to the weekend already... I 'm making my list of to-dos to transition my work, but also thinking about baseball, rollergirls, and crafty goodness.

2 comments:

j said...

all i can remember is that our team name next week is gonna be "fresh water otter". you know, 'cause it rhymes.

Sarah said...

giggle!
I totally remembered that one.

But I had a brilliant post title.
Ah well.
Perhaps it will come to me in a dream.