26.1.07

frantic, frenetic

I have forgotten how busy feels. As I wrap up this last week at work (T minus one week til my last day; already?), I am suddenly inundated with a to-do list of transitions and documentation and last-minute, can-we-squeeze-this-out-of-Sarah-under-the-wires. (ah, the life of a writer.) I am acutely aware of my busy-ness level by my sheer ability to type faster, yet not spell anything correctly.

Having nearly died choking on a bagel this morning, I realized that while I am intensely sad to leave what I thought would be my dream job a yearish or so ago, I am also relieved. I sit here all alone, and if I were to be in serious medical danger, I'm not sure they would find me til it was too late and I was purply-blue. Oh, maybe someone who reads my blog would phone the authorities once they realize I haven't yet posted on a workday. But by then, it may already be too late.

Diana and I learned (at least started to learn) how to knit socks last night at Crafty Planet. It was fun (of course, when would it not be fun... I love that stuff.) I was surprised at how little time it took me to get it. Especially being blessed with the gift of left-handedness, it is sometimes difficult to visuall and cerebrally transpose everything I am trying to learn. It's a good thing we lefties are so bloody smart. Also realized how much I love Nordeast (OK, I realize that every time I venture in that direction) and how glad I am CP has been successful. It is really neat to see normal urban citizens making a small business successful and making an impact on the indie and crafty communities. Yay Trish and Matt.

Thinking about making banana bread this weekend. Mmm.

Oh! And I have a new favorite musical: Into the Woods.

Thanks to Mary Lucia, I woke up with Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry, Be Happy in my head yesterday. That was annoying. This morning, I woke up with They Might Be Giants, Road Movie to Berlin... I think I need to start blogging the song that wakes me up (it plays in my head) every morning. It's almost never the same song twice, and who knows? Maybe there's some sort of psychological insight in there, somewhere. Or it could just be indicative of how much music I listen to in any given day. That's probably more like it.

1 comment:

j said...

i was starting to worry about you with no blog. alas, even so, it probably would be too late. glad you enjoyed into the woods. i'm sure dave is proud.