31.1.07

I guess you're just what I needed

amidst a bit of angst about starting a new job (will I fit in? will it be a good match? do I have the right shoes? do people bring their lunches? will I screw up the bus-riding schedule?), my mom sends me this.

Mom says confidently,
"Honey you will be just fine, put on a great outfit and some lipstick, stand up straight and don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t intelligent, capable and wonderful to have as part of their team, they would be foolish to think otherwise. And you can fit in anywhere there are intelligent and creative beings, which last time I looked....I think downtown had plenty of that species! You’ll do great cuz dad and I will be praying. Have courage and tell yourself that you won’t be afraid! DONE DEAL!"

Lessons learned:
1) It's important to have a mom.
2) It's even more important for me to be an encouraging mom. (I know my daughter's only 3. But for some reason, I angst that she won't like me in 25 years.)
3) If my mom thinks I kick butt, than I obviously do.

No comments: