4.12.06

yum. (it tastes like a monday!)

Deliciousness for this fine December Monday:
  • Waking up to powdered-sugar snow in the city. I love how it looks when we get that dusting of cold snow, because it looks as if like a giant baker spilled powdered sugar from the sky onto the entire city. The first "real" snow of the winter is always magic. OK, it wasn't even like a "real" snow -- but it's December, people! It's cold, you may as well bring on the snowcover so I can at least go play outside.
  • A new little band nugget to check out. Proof-positive that I'm totally a sucker for UK bands.
  • Leftovers from The Black Forest. Heck yah.
  • 100 feeds on bloglines. It's official: I'm an addict.
  • Split pea soup, potato bread and german chocolate cake. That's what's cooking in the Green House tonight.
  • Just now realizing how appropriately named the Green House is.
  • Plans for the recent future to include a night of premium/trivia, a show, an evening of british hilarity, and a night of good, wholesome violence. My. Word. I love this city.
  • Two new friends in the netflix account. It's sorta voyeuristic, but also practical. Honestly: it's uncanny how I end up with the same movies in my queue as everyone else.
Today's only-in-my-brain soundtrack:
  1. Massive Nights - The Hold Steady
  2. Proud Mary - Tina Turner
  3. The Christians and the Pagans - Dar Williams
  4. A Million Ways - OK Go

2 comments:

j said...

bring on the wholesome violence! i'm totally stoked. also, i just discovered that a shuttle to and from roy wilkins leaves from the only bar within walking distance of my apartment. let there be pbr and roller skates!

Sarah said...

wow.
I kinda wish, Let there be PBR and rollerskates, had made it into Genesis.
that would have made Sunday School so much more interesting.