19.12.06

fruits, labor, insomnia, caffeine



Well, I had a leftover scone and I'm working on drowning that with some Starbucks but frankly I don't think this coffee is going to cut through the fog of 4 hours' sleep.



I am getting stuff (finally) done for the holidays... but it is taking it's toll. I finally finished the cookie boxes, but they took me til 2:30 this morning. Coupled with a 3-year-old and some nightmares about attack giraffes (too much National Geographic? Who knows...) Not that my late-ish bedtimes matter much right now, as I'm battling insomnia (my body heartily protesting the early nights and mornings that do not dawn quickly enough?)

I ran to the post office over lunch yesterday for holiday stamps. Then, we happened to stop at the post office on the way home last night to mail the card for which the holiday stamps were purchased. What I did not realize til I watched the evening news (well, the 1AM rerun of the evening news, anyway) was that yesterday was the post office's busiest day of the year. Smart, considering going to the post office even when it isn't busy sort of gives me a rash.

Still on the to-do list includes a few last-minute present errands (thank god for lunch hour), wrapping gifts like a madwoman (thank god for those years of my life I spent doing gift-wrap at the Mervyns...), and a few odds and ends sewing projects.

In other holiday tidings, I attempted to bring Paige to Holidazzle yesterday. Except it runs Wednesday through Sunday. Shoot. So we went through the Macy's 8th Floor exhibit (Mary Poppins this year, and well done) and had an absolute blast eating ice cream at Sebastian Joe's. All in all, a productive and giggly Monday.

Now, where's my intravenous caffeine...?

No comments: