13.12.06

Wednesday's random roundup

  • Photographic evidence: jerks in big cars really do steal the compact spots.
  • ...and if you believe that, I have a hydro plant and dam to sell you.
  • December's the new November. Vote for your favorite Twin Cities music critic.
  • Accidental Hedonist is posting 12 days of Christmas cookies. I forgot about the no-bake oatmeal cookies; maybe I'll make those Thursday night.
  • Let's turn now to the completely ludicrous desk for the latest headlines. According to some crackpot, soy makes you gay. Man, I don't know what that means for my mom and her lactose intolerance...
  • At an average bonus of $622,000 per employee, I wonder if Goldman's is looking for an Instructional Design consultant...
  • I'm not trying to be sexist here (I try very hard to practice egalitarianism), but I thought this recap of Nancy Pelosi's interview with Barbara Walters was adorable. In the same way I find hearing my grandma's stories about bra-burning adorable.
  • A little think-nugget on urban sprawl. Mmm... having my views challenged tingles.
  • Move along, nothing witty to say here. (actually, I liked just about everything this post had to say, so I just think it deserves some honorable mention).
  • PSA: if you are thinking about earning some extra holiday cash by working the streets of Ipswich... best to save your FMBs and pleather skirt for another occassion, and save yourself the serial-killer-victim status.

No comments: