18.12.06

Hey kids, only 46 more shopping days 'til Groundhog's Day

Anyone else appalled by the thought of a kilt shortage? My people are being oppressed! We must rise up and march! I have a dream... that some day, all beefy-legged men can stands up with pride in the plaid skirt of their choosing!

I've been twittering all day about the Person of the Year being me (and you, and that overweight man who smells like cheese you sat next to that one time on the bus.) Daily Irrelevant found this. Irony is good for you, kids. It makes you smile.

Wired, you always find such nice little things to put on my wish list. The latest? A new book called She's Such a Geek. Bring it.

Warning: more graffiti photography ahead (shame on the city for knocking this building down to make more condos. Boo, living space. Yay, urban canvases!)

In non-blogosphere news:
* Score one for the Sarah -- my Christmas cards are done. (so is my baking, but that's probably another blog entry, and it's old news anyway.)
* I am more and more seriously considering joining the church choir (after some mostly drunken compliments about my singing voice. It really doesn't take much to boost my ego, folks.)
* This week's thought to ponder: men and harmonicas -- why are they so damn sexy together? Discuss (as I channel Linda Richman).

Meh, it's monday, that's what I got.
Songs that refuse to fall out of my brain today:
Alison - Elvis Costello
Barracuda - Heart
Ding Dong Merrily on High - Traditional Carol
Move to LA - Art Brut
Rock and Roll Lifestyle - Cake

4 comments:

cK said...

What about kilt-wearing men playing harmonicas? Perhaps you'll find such a thing at the Scottish Ramble:

www.scottishramble.org

I had an absolute blast there last year...though the walk to the Liffey afterwards was quite chilly!!
-cK

Sarah said...

ck, I usually go to the scottish fair in July, but have gone to the ramble in the past... love it.

And kilt-clad harmonica players...
oh my, I might need a moment alone. Or, just a walk to the Liffey for a pint might do it.

Is it quitting time yet?

Diana said...

It's the tongue action. Totally it. Cause if you think about it, the harmonica isn't such a nice sounding instrument. In fact, I prefer my non-live music to be devoid of it, cause it's fucking irritating. But a hot man playing one....oh, my.

j said...

i am particularly susceptible to the harmonica/guitar combo. see: mason jennings covering neil young "heart of gold." get's me every freaking time. HOT.