17.5.07

momentous

it's been a sortof challenge to myself over the last 2 or so months to make sure I have listened to and ranked every song in my music collection on iTunes. Now, it's only 7000+ songs, so I don't feel like that was necessarily an insane goal -- and I don't feel like I have so much music I can't possibly know the whole catalog -- but I was definitely rutting into the same playlists for a while.

So I made a to-listen playlist that held anything that hadn't yet been played through. At its inception, I had about 1500 songs to go through.

This morning on the bus ride in - I cleared my list. It's a tiny momentous occasion for me, if only because I have honestly listened to 2000 or so new songs (I got a bunch of new music between the time I started my list and now) in the last couple of months, and feel like I have broadened my tasted in music somewhat because of it.

I also feel like I can put my iPod on shuffle now without guilt that there's something "unlistened" still waiting for me. Damned guilt, always eating at me at silly little dark corners of my neuroses.

1 comment:

j said...

are congratulations in order for this? i think so. congrats on listening to all of your music! i knew you could do it!