14.5.07

Go take a rest; you deserve it.

I mentioned last week the completely appropriate fortune cookie that shooed me to take a nap.
I wish I'd have listened to it, as my weekend was equal parts wonderful and frantically paced. I did get to rest my head in my sweetheart's lap for about an hour or so yesterday afternoon (best. mother's day gift. ever) before we hit the greenhouse for plants... but alas, as tired as I have been - no real rest.

And errands tonight, Paige's birthday tomorrow. Plans on Wednesday and Thursday, and time to plan for and prep for graduation on Saturday. Blissfully non-busy on Sunday. I want to read the paper, eat a lazy brunch, perhaps water the garden, and otherwise, become one with relaxation.

I don't know that I've ever looked so forward to spending a 3-day weekend at the cabin, come Memorial Day. I mean, I always look forward to having some quality time with my lake, my grandparents, with Premium and magazines and catching sunfish and really, not doing anything of importance except enjoying life. This year, however, it's like I'm suddenly awash with the last month's worth of accomplishments - and I need a giant, 3-day-nap to recouperate from it all.

No comments: