22.2.07

this is fact not fiction, for the first time in years

Today's song-of-the morning:
A Lack of Color, Death Cab for Cutie - from Transatlanticism

I had a lovely Ash Wedneday: a joggy-walk around Calhoun (yes, 3 times around the lakes in as many days!), a shiny new check card in the mail. Yah, it's the little things that excite me. Frantic snacking on havarti and dill pickles (vigorous exercise will do this to a girl), a perfect Ash Wednesday homily, all neatly wrapped up in fish and chip at the Local, malt vinegar and all.

Today, I am exhausted. I have shin splints. My butt is begging for a day off (done. I am in better shape than I was last spring, but I don't want to push it too far).

I am looking quite forward to some down time tonight: I'll be fitting the mock-up wedding dress on Diana, dining with friends, doing some sewing and getting into the 3rd season of Buffy. After good TV Thursday is done, probably. My house is semi-clean, there isn't too much laundry to be done, and I'm caught up on schoolwork.

The weekend looks nice; busy, but not frenetic. Fakebook tomorrow night at the Fitz (squee!), class all day Saturday, out on the town to wish a friend farewell Saturday night, chill time Sunday.

I have something going on every weekend from now til June 8th -10th. I don't know if I like this, or if it frightens me. Probably a little of both. By June 8th, I will have turned in my notice on my lease and will have hopefully started looking for a place to land in late July.

All this culminated for me in a rather lovely moment over dinner and french fries last night (is that a speaker? and my tartar sauce disappeared...):
I am exactly where I want to be in life.

Ah. Contentment.

1 comment:

j said...

this is a lovely and happy post, and it puts death cab in my head, which seems fitting with the end of the oc tonight. good luck with dress fitting and the 3rd season of buffy!