2.2.07

I have always loved a chapter book.

Around lunchtime today, I packed 6 (!) boxes full of books, resources, quadrille pads and extra-fine Sharpies into my trunk and back seat. I unplugged my laptop, turned in my badge, and walked out of another chapter of my life.

A little over a year ago, I thought I would stay with Carlson Custom Learning for the better portion of the next decade or so. Sometimes, things don't turn out the way you anticipate. But as I learn and grow in this life, I realize sometimes, the unexpected twists in the chapter book I'm living are what make the story interesting. Yah, it's painful, and sometimes scary, and always at least a little unpredictable. But at least the story keeps moving.

I start writing the next chapter immediately: starting my final class on Saturday, taking the bus to a new job downtown Monday. I realized this afternoon that the change is complete: almost nothing is as it was a year ago. And I like it that way. I am extraordinarily happy. My hairdresser mentioned to me this week, that she was delighted to be getting to know the real Sarah, the Sarah that hid under something she couldn't quite pinpoint, after 6 years.

You know what? I'm delighted to be here.

No comments: