7.2.07

she lives!

I would like the world to know I skipped the (much-needed) gym tonight because my life has been out.of.control. this week.

1) I got a raging cold on Friday night/Saturday.
2) I had dinner plans Friday night. and Saturday night.
3) I had my first spring semester class all day Saturday.
4) Oh, and did I mention I started a new job Monday?
5) And that my contacts malfunctioned Monday morning (when I ventured downtown to work for the first time in nearly 5 years) to the point I had to run home during orientation lunch?
6) Let's not even talk about what time of the month it is.
7) or about the pile of mail I need to go through, the 2-week stack of laundry, the growing mound of dishes and the garbage that needs to go out.

Gah. I have barely been able to check email, much less blog about anything.
The weekend (sans cold) was awesome... I'm excited for this last class, excited about my friends and my ability to easily create killer cheesecake.
I'm also excited about the new gig - it's good to have real work to do.

I am on the mend now... a load of laundry in, garbage and clutter policed, car de-boxed (yes, it took nearly a week for me to bring my work boxes from Carlson in), mail at least opened (though, God knows, not yet filed), nose decongested. And I'm wearing jeans and listening to the Replacements and generally taking about 8 minutes for myself this afternoon before I go back on warp drive. Whee.

1 comment:

j said...

yay! 3 whole workdays without your blog seemed like a long time...