8.2.07

A February Thursday deserves some written thoughts

It's time for me to declutter a week's worth of brain input and shift this writer's gears a bit.
(warning: this post may be random and hap-hazard.)
  • I have named my stapler. Norman. This means I'm officially feeling cozy at the new gig. (The stapler brand name is Bates. You figure out the obvious pun, intended.)
  • I begin to wane impatient for a few things this afternoon: 4Pm, a photo of Jana's new haircut, a tiny Nordlund to hurry up and get born, spring, the weekend.
  • I have listened to the Tokyo Police Club EP Mojo burned for me. It's grand. And relistened to Rabbit Fur Coat (thank you, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins), which is also making me happy this afternoon.
  • By the way, the Current's Song of the Day podcast TKOs eMusic's free songs and blows iTunes Discovery downloads out of the water. One more reason to contribute to public radio.
  • One potentially less reason: Mary Lucia has insisted on playing Norah Jones in the afternoons as of late. Mary, I love you. I worship the Current. Please, don't make a hater out of me. The Twin Cities has a place to hear Norah Jones. We don't need another adult-contemporary station around. Return to the quirkiness, save my afternoon sanity. Please. I was just getting my pre-schooler into Brother Ali.
  • The Rod Stewart curse continues: yesterday morning, I woke up to one of his songs in my head. The humanity.

No comments: