11.9.06

whoo moments

So I had a couple of whoo moments this weekend, which I would now like to take a second to document and celebrate.
Lesson learned: It's amazing to come out of a cocoon after 7 years to realize how strong and smart and self-directed you really are.

  • Bought a new(ish) car. On my own. No one helped me. I just did it. Now, I didn't get the world's best interest rate. But I still did it *on my own*. All by myself. I am proud.
  • I fetched me some low, low-priced pants this weekend. I needed them desperately as I had nothing to wear from this winter... it all went away (I think I was a 16 over last winter... maybe transitioning into a 14.) They are all size 10. I haven't been a 10 since junior high. I am certain, since the 8th grade. I have proven to myself that I can do this. I can be healthy, I can take care of my own body. And I'm worth doing it. And I'm not done... I have 30ish pounds to go. Which means that I'm going to be teensy at some point in time.
  • I have been relocated for a bit now... and this weekend was the first time I felt like I was coming "home". And when I overslept and missed my Sunday morning walk to Dunn Brothers to get my paper and coffee... I actually missed it. And instead, we went to the Wedge to get groceries in the afternoon... and somewhere down the cereal aisle, it hit me: I bloody *love* city living. I love Minneapolis, I love my place, I love my neighborhoods. I love this city's music and streets and restaraunts and people. I am so, so very home.
  • I wrote every single day this weekend. Really good, deep, perfected thoughts that came out slowly and purposefully, and not in fits and starts of frenzied writing inspiration. I love the way my writing self is morphing. I love how disciplining myself to write is creating more meaningful, perfected thoughts.
  • I absorbed so much music over the weekend. I went to a show. I spent all day Sunday listening to Ben Folds and Ben Kweller. I could count the times my TV has been on since moving on my fingers. Maybe even on one hand. But my iTunes ranks and play counts are really coming around, getting to be where I want them. Music fuels me, and the more I listen, the more I want. And I'm so thrilled to be getting out to shows, and discovering new (local) music, and rediscovering old loves of music... and wow.
  • All this rolls into one whoo: Sarah Green is back. And I really, really like her. She could be one of my favorite people. Ever.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Asshattery, Fred. I don't even know ya.