17.9.06

it's my favorite day of the month.

it's the day when my eMusic account renews and I get 90 more downloads to feed my addiction.
But it's music, not crack... so no worries, right?
(and if you like music, and download, and want to find good, non-mainstream stuff, and aren't already on eMusic... come on, now. Come on!)

Things I added to the repertoire today that I'm really quite stoked about:

Johnny Cash -- the complete Sun recordings, v.1 and 2. this ate about half my downloads for the month, but totally worth it. I can't even say anything about Johnny Cash that would do him any justice. You either get it, or you don't.

Stephen Malkmus -- Pig Lib. I've been after some Stephen Malkmus for a while now, thank you 89.3 the Current... it was time (I mean, I have a list of about 150 artists going right now. And honestly, it's the shortest it has been in a long time... but still, 150 artists.)

Cat Power -- The Greatest. I'll be honest. I've been alternately waivering and lusting on this for some time... but music that isn't completely frenetic, more about songwriting and less about feeling like I'm on speed, is making its way into my life, just like comfort in downtempo moments are. Amazing how your music reflects where you are on life's journey.

Ben Lee -- Awake is the New Asleep. This came home based solely on the genius encompassed in The Bens EP. It's so good, I had to round out my Ben collection. Mmm.

M. Ward -- Post-War. M. Ward is another one of those artists I've been noodling on. Mostly because, again... it's a bit downtempo. But as I evolve, and yearn for quietness and rest... let's be honest. I need a soundtrack for my life (I always have) and so I just needed something more than Bonny "Prince" Billy to listen to when I get all kinds of reflective. And M. Ward is good. And his music feeds the creative beast in me. Rawk.

No comments: