24.4.07

snowy white love killer

The florescent light above my desk is going out. It's blinking like a disco/strobe light, and giving me a nauseating headache. Grumble.

---

I watched 4 episodes of Wonderfalls last night while unpacking the bathroom and assembling a new storage tower. Damn, that's a funny and well-written show. I have 2 episodes left to go; this makes me a little sad. Not that going back to Buffy is a tragedy -- just that I got attached to the characters. Ah well. Stupid Fox for canceling all the good programming. How does "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" outweigh solid writing?

---

I haven't been eating real well. Moving, schoolwork, busy with deadlines... it's that "oh God, I forgot to eat" thing. I'm looking forward to Farmer's Market opening so I have an excuse for some delicious produce.

---

Metroblogging got tagged with a Minnesota meme this week. Hoping the guys over at the Current (who we tagged) play along!

---

Shout-out to Bremer Banks. I'm super-impressed with customer service there. And local banking to boot. I can't see how I'll go wrong with excellent customer service (from my bank!) as well as keeping my money as locally as I can.

---

I repotted all the garden seedlings last night, too. Felt good to get my hands in some dirt; even if it was just over the kitchen sink. I'm so excited about getting into the garden plot mid-May and getting the peppers, tomatos, broccoli, cucumbers and zuchini I nursed from seeds into the ground, growing and happy.
It's the right weather to get excited about all this, too... 60s, milder (though much cloudier today than yesterday). Everything is starting to pop that lovely spring-green that's almost neon. I'm beginning to sniffle from tree pollen, but I always feel like spring allergies are worth it; it means I get to be outdoor Sarah again.

---

Speaking of outdoor Sarah, the Jananaphone and I had a lovely brunch at Town Talk sunday and talked about how we're different in the summer (bikes, sundresses, getting tan, having to regularly shave.) FYI: you cannot beat a bloody mary garnished with a pickle wrapped in salami and herbed cream cheese. Brunchy bliss.

1 comment:

j said...

ha. jananaphone. i love it.