11.4.07

the iPod and I are one

my iPod's been reading my mind all day today.
Ben Folds knows his stuff. This is a great, simple, and beautiful song, and in the midst of life turning chaos (read the blog, see the chaos cycle), it reminded me of what I find most important.


Ben Folds - The Luckiest (from Rocking the Suburbs)

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?

Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

2 comments:

j said...

crap. this was a song that a certain ex-boy introduced me to almost exactly 2 years ago. it used to make me cry in a happy way--today, not so much.

Sarah said...

awww, crap.

I don't like making people cry. I like cry-free days.

crap crap crap crap crap.
This rather makes me want to email certain ex-boy myself to tell him how mad I am that he made Jana cry by proxy.

grumble grumble ex-boys.