10.4.07

braaaaaaiins. (or, alternately, He has Risen! An Easter recap.)

Blood may be thicker than water, but if I don't get some coffee flowing through both my mug and my veins, there's going to be bloodshed.

I'm a zombie this morning. Being the season that it is, it makes me wonder, a little bit, if Christ got up after being dead for 3 days, rubbed his eyes, looked around with that face you make with one eye open and the other mostly closed, like something in the fridge went bad, but you can't pinpoint what it is, and said to himself: Sweet Baby Moses, I could go for a cup of coffee before I do this thing.

I'm not sure what it was -- I went to bed at a reasonable hour. I took a lingering, steamy, soapy shower, crawled into soft jammies, tucked myself into bed with some homework, and got some stuff accomplished. Clicked off the bedside lamp about 11:30 and passed out.

It was good to get a couple of to-dos ticked off the list (taxes and a project plan for my final class)... mostly because they were biggies.

Come to think of it, perhaps it was just because it was an emotional day yesterday. Finding a different place to live can be exhausting, especially when the burden of renting out the place you live falls a bit on your own shoulders. There's been some nibbles, so fingers crossed someone (else) wants to rent a lovely, spacious, old-world-charm 2 bedroom in Linden Hills so I can get myself over to Nordeast.

Could also be because these 40 days of lent have come and gone, and we rang in an Easter celebration worthy of preserving... a generous Easter bunny who brings herbs, gardening supplies, and a gorgeous harvesting basket (hahaha, the Easter bunny loves me most of all), a bit of Easter whiskey in my coffee at Mugg's Woods in Otter Tail County... a nature walk with my Dad, whose quirky mountain-man-meets-practical-conservative-and-prankster-extraordinaire I find more and more endearing as I grow older... homemade buttermilk pancakes, farm bacon and sausages straight off the griddle in the woods, swimming in maple syrup tapped from the trees around us... coming home to the lights and sounds of my city, feeling contented, full, loved, and nurtured... capped with a couple of Premiums and catching up with friends at the end of a gorgeous holiday weekend.

I'm exhausted, but the coffee's kicking in and like always, the little engine that could in my head is revving up. I think I can, I think I can...

It's spring (though you wouldn't know it from the weather forecast), and spring's about new life, about celebrating and renewing. Especially poignant to me this spring is the celebrating and renewing the promise to myself to remain Essential Sarah. I cannot imagine life any other way than this - chasing happy, living my days in peace.

No comments: