3.4.07

randomness roundup

  • The Twins rocked the Dome last night. So did my nearly-4-year-old daughter. So awesome.
  • I read a passage in Infinite Jest this morning, about a rotund Irishman who raves about his bathroom habits in AA. This made me at once laugh aloud on the 17, think of most of Diana and my conversations before noon, and realize I had no problem understanding the entire monologue, which was written in a thick Kilkenny accent.
  • Productivity at work = less attention to the blog.
  • I started thinking about all the great music I have already come across this year (Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, Ted Leo, Amy Winehouse, Brother Ali, Pipettes), and how it's only April. And how much I'm looking forward to Pitchfork this year. And how hard it's going to be to pick best ofs... at the end of 2007.
  • Dave makes amazing homemade corn dogs. Ask anyone who was at my place Saturday night.
  • I'm exhausted.
  • Travel plans confirmed -- England is on the books for the end of April!
  • I saw a guy wearing a Grain Belt sign t-shirt at the Twins game last night. Desperately wanted to flag him down across section 233 to ask where he got it. It also reminded me to buy a Twins shirt from the Hold Steady, if they still got 'em.

No comments: