17.4.06

how I know there is poetic justice in the world

Michael Jackson, amongst his 1980 pop-prince spoils, bought the rights to many of the best Beatles (et al) songs.

Well, now that the pop-prince's empire has come crumbling down (he shut down neverland ranch, he moved to Bahrain, he's in hawk in a way that makes my student loans look like change between the couch cushions), he's reportedly selling them off to avoid bankruptcy.

I'm totally a child of the 80s, and while I have fond memories of Thriller... I just feel vindicated at this news (as in, I enjoyed the 80s as much as anyone else, but no one -- no one -- can claim to have more impact on modern rock and roll as much as the Beatles. I mean... come on!)

*Grins with the pleasureable thought of poetic justice*
(this news makes me giggle almost as much as the news of MC Hammer's "paid" entourage did...)

No comments: