5.4.06

Elements of spring I have personally spotted thus far

1) Cleaned up dog waste in yard. A nasty job after a winterlong hiatus... but it's done!
2) Robin in the black walnut tree.
3) Buds on the lilac bushes.
4) The tornado sirens just went off (test: it's the first Wednesday of the month).
5) If I leave the windows open all day, it's too cold when I get home. If I leave them closed, it's a hothouse at the end of the day.
6) The stacks of "stuff ARC needs to pick up" are growing by leaps and bounds.
7) Paige and I planted bulbs in the back garden this weekend.
8) The cat is OBSESSED with finding an open window he can lounge in.
9) Paige won't go to bed on time (damn you, daylight savings time!)
10) Washed car without fear of immediate "road sludge" contaminating it.
11) I want to be outside. All. The. Time.
12) I am searching (in vain) for cropped pants I can wear to work that don't look like jammie pants.
13) Crocuses are almost done; daffodils and hyacinths are on their way out.
14) Panic! I haven't bought a thing for Easter baskets yet.
15) Dogs are shedding at a ridiculous pace.
16) I cannot keep up with the muddy foot and pawprints in the kitchen.

No comments: