10.4.06

guiding competencies

I feel the need this morning to reiterate who I am, to put a stake in the ground and say, this is how I choose to live my life.

A while back -- perhaps early 2004? -- I evaluated my personal/professional values, and guided by the principles of Adlerian psychological theory and the tenets of career development I apply in Organizaiton Development/HRD, I created a list of my own guiding competencies:

Relationship Integrity
  • Demonstrate respect to every person
  • Practice social interest
  • Treat each person equally
  • Act with a sense of realism
  • Speak with candor
  • Invest in faith, family and friends
Lifelong Learning
  • Champion education
  • Pursue wisdom
  • Be creative
  • Search for innovations
Balance
  • View life holistically
  • Find beauty in the world
  • Appreciate the variety in life
  • Use a sense of humor
Contribution
  • Maintain a strong sense of ownership
  • Be actively involved
  • Excel at each accomplishment
  • Practice collaboration
  • Pursue excellence daily

No comments: