2.3.07

magnificent obsessions

Rooted in psychology, my education tells me we're all a little obsessive about some things. I tend to obsess about the things I find most enjoyable: food, music, city sights, beverages, purses, crafts.

With that in mind, allow me to elucidate my current obsession(s):

Mates of State: I love the dissonant harmony created by this couple-turned-indie-band. Mmm.

Cottage cheese with fresh pineapple for breakfast: I have a great cafeteria downstairs. Yes, you may call me spoiled.

Lush's Dream Cream: I realized I purchased a tub of this lotion just before Thanksgiving in Chicago, and while I use it almost every time I get out of the shower, it's only about half gone. And it makes me feel soft and delightful without smelling like I was standing next to the perfume factory when the nuke hit (it is all essential-oil based, so it doesn't really smell. It just makes me want to touch my skin all over.)

The yellow Granny purse: My winter purse imploded on itself this week. So I picked up an adorable yellow number from Target (it's that lovely Isaac Mizrahi stuff). I love how beautifully, perfectly bumblebee yellow it is. And it's an ideal size, with good pockets.

Pond's Cold Cream: I have been suffering some winter dermatological woes (dry spots, then blemishes, which form on top of dry spots... make up your mind, face.) So I followed the advice of my foremothers and grabbed me some Pond's Cold Cream. Who knew that would make my face lovely and clear and smooth... all for 4.99? Hurray. And, more proof that grandma's always right.

Alton Brown's cooking and baking methods: I cannot stop thinking about the way Alton Brown explains baking (and to a lesser extent, cooking... but we all know where my skills and passions lie.) I love the science, the chemistry, the order of it all.

Bloody Crafts: It's a happy delight every time I visit this blog. So much cute, crafty, sassy goodness.

No comments: