9.3.07

flip this friday

grump.

I woke up ornery this morning. My legs hurt from working out. I slept in a shriveled ball of stress and exhaustion, and have extraordinary shoulder tension. I gave myself a killer burn baking lemon bars last night. I didn't get enough sleep -- I had a giant looming to-do list -- my alarm didn't ring at 5:40 as it was set to (I desperately need a new alarm clock) -- and Paige was moving at the speed of sleepy turtle.

My hair looks funny; I must have slept on it wrong; mostly because it was damp when I finally crawled into bed way too late last night.

I didn't get my floors mopped, my furniture dusted, my filing sorted.
I didn't get my garbage out.
I didn't finish the hem on Diana's dress.

I forgot to pack face wash for this weekend.

I still have to make curtains. The fabric is sitting there, staring at me, guilting me. I know. I know. I'll get to it soon. Promise.

But my closet is a disaster. I got nothing of mine ironed or hung out of the clean laundry pile.

And my desk is a disorganized fiasco. I need to purge and organize my crafting stuff -- desperately -- but don't have the time.

I still have a ton of homework to do.

and my driver's liscence still hasn't arrived.

Crap. I need to call about 40 people back.

Also, I have to invent 48-72 hours between now and Easter to type up my thesis. By the way, this time doesn't actually exist in my calendar or schedule; I just have to manufacture it somewhere.

I think I'm dehydrated.

I didn't fill up or wash my car before my weekend roadtrip. I hate leaving on a roadtrip in a messy (and probably slightly smelly) car. And I'll still need to stop and get gas.

Even a warm little stroll to fetch a latte, bus pass, daffodils and girl scout cookies really hasn't adjusted my point of view. Well, maybe a little. But I still feel a bit disenchanted.

---

I need to flip my friday, and fast. What's the matter with me? It's gorgeous outside -- 45 degrees and sunny. That hideous black-crusted snow is melting. I am on a free pass to drink coffee, sew, and relax all weekend. I get to spend quality time with people I love. I have a lovely job, dear friends, a happy place to live, a darling and well-adjusted child who worships me.

Perhaps sushi for lunch in an hour will put things in better perspective.

No comments: