1.3.07

fair and balanced: two sides to every story

Good morning! It's Thursday, it's March in Minneapolis, and we're in the flux of another snowstorm. In like a lion, baby.

Things currently making me :)
  • The Twins tying Boston in their opening spring training game. OK, tying doesn't actually make me happy. Ties are unbaseballian. Almost unamerican. But spring training is in full swing, which means spring itself (and a baseball season I get all antsy about every time I think about it) is nearly here.
  • A darling, poppy, punky scottish outfit called The View. I just listened to Hats Off to the Buskers. The whole thing was energetic, frenetic, britpop deliciousness. I love having the music hookup, and I love knowing people who know and love music.
  • A haircut and brow wax this evening.
  • Tasty, thrifty dinner goodness thanks to Athens Cafe.
  • Mad sewing and 3red-season-Buffy-viewing post-preschool-storytime tonight.
  • Musical evening,including wine, chocolate, and Caffrey's sammiches, with the ever-wonderful Jana tomorrow night.
  • Getting past page 200 in the Jest.
  • Having my stepmom call to rave about David Sedaris. I'm totally bringing her the entire set when we go up for Easter.
  • Planning East Coast roadtrips.

Things currently making me :(

  • Another foot of snow.
  • The inability for my crappy upstairs neighbor to move his scary-kidnapper-van, thus making it nearly impossible for me to ease out of my parking spot.
  • Let's be real: my crappy upstairs neighbor, in general. Why hasn't he moved out/been evicted yet?
  • Only being at page 200 in the Jest.
  • Meat that prematurely expires and thus stinks up your entire fridge.
  • Laundry that seems to procreate on its own time.
  • Unnecessary, yet seemingly unavoidable, conflict.
  • A never-ending to-do list.
  • The last big push of homework for school. I know it will all be over soon, but there is so very much to get done before I walk in that graduation ceremony...
  • 5 more months of a strange commute from my place in Linden Hills to preschool in Golden Valley to downtown for work, and back again. Doesn't make any sense to move Paige into preschool til we find a place in Northeast to put our roots down in, but still.

1 comment:

j said...

good for you for being able to muster some optimism on your blog. as for me, i'm going with straight up cranky 'til further notice.