10.1.06

some stuff I said today

I think it's totally ok to give the middle finger to the world in a non-classy moment of anger at current circumstances.

You (and I, and the rest of the world) are just humans, wandering around, trying to be good when we remember, and trying to love people when we feel like it, and trying to make sense of a world that we deep down, really, really want to be master of, but in reality, is hugely and infinitely out of our control. So I think it's completely natural to have perspective one moment and to have a temper tantrum and a brownie in the next.

Be forewarned: if you ever decide to give the perma-finger to the world, the process, the journey (and I'm a little paranoid because I know and love people who have), I'm going to be on you about that. I don't ever set out to be Pollyanna (God help me), but I do set out to always find the deeper purpose in trial... because I guess it's my personal belief that we just don't ever go through trial for the sake of hardship.

[jumps off soapbox]

No comments: