16.1.06

reasons I might be done with winter

1) I'm feeling a little edgy about the weather. "Why is it so cold every morning?..." even though it's 30 degrees all day long and it hasn't snowed in weeks and we haven't seen sub-zero since early December, and I haven't even had to scrape frost off my car in well over a week.

2) The melting snow in the backyard has inched away from the house enough to reveal some dormant grass and garden. and I sooo want to be out there planting stuff right now.

3) I started thinking about my flip-flops when I went to the spa this weekend and saw women getting pedicures. Now I cannot stop thinking about sandals.

4) We have this atrium thing at my office, where there is a hug skylight and plants and people go out there to meet or talk on their cell phones or whatever (it's a great little place). Anyway, the plant guy was out there watering the plants, and the gentle rushing of the water over the broadleaf plants made me want to look up airline fares to Florida.

5) Barbara told me that she got some thorough cleaning done this weekend. So I started a spreadsheet of what I want to do when I can spring clean.

No comments: