5.6.07

Scandalous.

I (sorta) fear I was the girl having so-much-fun up front at the Tapes and Tapes show Sunday at Grand Old Day, that I might have annoyed you. I was having fun; but if I was overexuberant...

well, can you blame me, really? I had at my disposal:
  • My dear friends
  • Gin from a jam jar (OK, it was gin and tonic in Jana's water bottle. Drank from her purse. Even if it was a messenger bag.)
  • Excellent Twin Cities music
  • Warmth (read: humidity)
  • Mild newbie successes at Guitar Hero
  • Beer
  • Sunburn
  • A big fat stogie
  • Anne's headband
  • Jana's sunglasses
  • Sass
  • Corn dogs and husk-roasted corn on the cob
  • A stolen cheese curd
  • Flipflops (my powerwalking shoe of choice)
  • A bazillion other happy Grand Old Day go-ers
  • Basset Hound sightings
  • Dreams of a band called Dudes with Boobs (Joel playing drums on that one)

Summer's here, kids. Make it scandalous, make it fun. Just make it memorable.

1 comment:

j said...

it was truly awesome. and you know what i say? embrace being the person having so much fun that you are maybe a little bit annoying; just keep that memory in your heart the next time an exuberantly drunk concert-goer gets on your slightly too sober nerves. wait, who am i kidding? you (and i) will never be slightly too sober;)