11.6.07

I'm sorry.

So sorry.

So many wonderful (good and not-as-good) things to think on and write about and ponder, and I haven't written about a one of them.

I was under the impression I'd get less busy as a former grad student. Harumph, that didn't work at all.

Can I apologize by way of a short list?
(of course I can. My faithful 3 readers, you'll let me get away with that, right?)

Things I Have Learned Since Graduation
  • Families, like the people they produce, are unique and wonderful.
  • I think they way you are celebrated as you exit your life says a whole lot about who you were throughout.
  • Small towns aren't where I want to live (necessarily), but they aren't anything to be scared of.
  • It's damned hard to find a car everyone likes.
  • I am a perfect fit for my new neighborhood.
  • Even in the midst of a self-image crisis, being able to give away my old clothese to someone who needs them makes me feel like a beautiful goddess.
  • You can always be busier. It's the slowing down that's hard.
  • I am cursed to never grow decent rosemary.
  • But I make a mean rhubarb custard (I am a killer meringue baker.)!
  • Just when I think I'm not very strong, I prove it to myself otherwise.
  • I'm doing a good job at work.
  • I've got someone I realized I'm going to miss terribly this fall.
  • But I also see that life takes you where you need to go, and it makes me excited.
  • My daughter is going to learn how to read someday soon.
  • When you build your life as a house of cards, it will fall down. It was only the illusion of grandeur to begin with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone actually ever get rosemary to grow? I have tried a dozen times, and can never get it to grow. If you have any tips let me know, please!

Anonymous said...

In Northern regions, where I live (Wisconsin), rosemary does best in a pot. It craves hot+dry; never overwater. It should be moist, but not drenched. Full sun or late afternoon sun.