14.5.06

My feet are begging for mercy, but it's all been worth it

Friday night:
Gomez. The Quest.
It was a-ma-zing. these guys never cease to delight me with their impassioned performances, unreal musicianship, and generally devastatingli geeky, british bad boys in a band, charm. Let's have a moment of brutal honesty here: I love U2 and will always hold a special place in my heart for the band that helped me fall in love with rock and roll. But Gomez is my favorite band. (Nothing personal, Bono.)

Look for a review of their new CD soon. It's yet another ridiculously fantastic release. My favorite new song: girlshapedlovedrug. That's right. Go forth, ye all, and purchase this one on emusic.

You're still sitting here reading...


Saturday night:
Pat McCurdy. Fine Line.
Completely different, and equally brilliant. Honest to God, I haven't had so much fun since the rent-a-cop breathalized me and confiscated my unmentionables when I was 16.
my new, new favorite song:

I wish I had a monkey paw
I'd put it in my pocket.

I'd like to buy some happiness
But no one seems to stock it.

If you ask nicely, I'll totally teach you the catchy tune that goes with it sometime real soon.

Now I need to run and nurse my blisters from dancing for 2 days straight. Well worth it.

No comments: