21.11.04

the Shaggerty Social Calendar

Yah, I'm a real debutante...

However, here are the fun plans I have. Am always open for new adventures with new faces... so if you haven't already been invited, this is your official standing invite to come hang out.

November 21: Friends Thanksgiving III - my house. afternoonish.

November 22: U2 "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" CD release party, The Local downtown. 10ish, until I can no longer stay up (hey, it's one AM now and I'm still kicking...)

November 24: Semi-formal (whoo hoo!) cocktail party, Dave's place. Can't wait to have an excuse to get all gussied up. :)

November 29: Book Club, discussing Confessions of Ugly Stepsister, 7:30 ish. The barnum/camerer abode.

December 9: Boogie Wonderland at Fine Line, 8 PM. Girls night (although it's a public place, and I can't stop any male-folk who are into disco from crashing our fun...)

Sometime in December: the gang goes to the Shout House some friday or saturday night. Dueling piano bar. The first time we went (Chicago, after the United match) was just about the most fun I could have with hard liquor and two pianos.

Some other time in December: Friends Christmas (chez Barnum-Camerer, I believe)

To be determined: New Year's Eve. I'm hoping for another chance to get a babysitter, dress up and drink too much. Anyone else have any thoughts?

A bit further in the future: January 19th! It's my birthday! It's a monthlong celebration (in my own head) of Sarah-ness! Possibilities for a celebration of the grandest sorts (I'll be officially in my late 20s, after all...) include:
  • renting the luxury Elysion cabin, bringing all who long for hot tubs, big screen tvs, and a weekend full of play,
  • Having a private party at Kieran's or the Local,
  • Another crazy evening of barhopping (especially if we do a kareoke night??),
  • Cake and Amaretto sours on the couch. (this one's not my fave, to be honest. But's it's always on the list.)

If you have an opinion (and you know you do), then post and let me know about it. T minus 2 months to my birthday! whee!

(and yes, I do still plan to be this excited about my birthday when that first digit moves from 2 to 3, and from 3 to 4. I survived another one! It's reason as any for a party!)

No comments: