2.3.06

In Like a Lamb

It's March 2nd.
And I think I'm in heaven.

Let me tell you how my life changes when I get my first whiff of spring:
  • The sun rises at a reasonable hour. I do my best pre-10AM and post-8PM. This morning, it was light (which means, I was awake) at 6:30AM. Just a few more days, and I'll be able to rise with the sun and start jogging again (an activity I adore -- it's my own personal meditation space -- but I refuse to go out in a bitterly cold, pitch-black morning.)
  • I'm all itchy to be outside. After getting a client deliverable out the door early this week (putting in some long hours Monday and Tuesday), I rewarded myself with a long lunch toay. Me, the iPod and my legs went on our official 1st jog of the season. It was an hour of pure bliss (although, I can already tell my legs aren't going to be saying that in the morning. The price I pay for letting my muscles atrophy all winter, I guess.)
  • I cannot seem to stop thinking about my garden. I planned the whole lot last night. I ordered my seeds this morning. I want to get my hands dirty, I want to turn spades of loamy earth and watch intently as the seedlings I nursed from seeds germinated in the sunroom take root and stretch their green limbs skyward.
  • I start planning vacations, birthday parties, and a new wardrobe. And let's not forget Easter. I have so much sewing (Easter dresses) and scrapbooking (Paige's 3rd birthday party) and... yay.

I feel re-born every spring, every time I watch my little corner of the earth renew itself. I relish the hints of warmth in the air, I luxuriate in the cool shadows and warming sunbeams. I wait and anticipate and watch intently as the world around me throws off its blanket of snow and wakes from winter's drowsy spell.

No comments: