21.3.06

Crocus

I defied this year's wintry March and took a run for lunch today.

It was amazing -- I have more running stamina than I thought, getting to the gym this winter definitely helped that. I tfor about 2 miles total -- something I wasn't even physically able to do a year and a half ago, even if it took me about 45 minutes to do it.

Only downside: I biffed on the ice and have a total "I fell off my bike" scrape on my right knee (which is why I don't go out in the winter). But I'm sick of not being able to enjoy being outside... so I'll suck it up.

And, on my way out of the yard, I noticed that I have 2 crocuses poking up in the south garden. Even though there's probably still 4-6 inches of snow in the yard. I am totally relating to their defiant cry as they fight their way through snow and sub-freezing temps. For the love of God, it's spring! Let's get on with the melt already!

No comments: