2.7.07

room. with a view.


P1000109, originally uploaded by terminallywanderlust.

this photo summates the weekend. Sunshine, quality time with friends I love, south dakota countryside, frosty-cold beverages and relaxation.

Blissful, I spent last weekend's mornings waking slowly to coffee, crackling embers in last night's bonfire smoldering, gently nudging me toward consciousness. My sunny South Dakota days were brimming with amaretto-laced slushies in the pool, bumming margaritas off strangers, an iPod dock that always played the right music, and sun-kissed freckles sprinkling themselves generously across my shoulders and nose. Those days melted into summer nights, laced with fireworks and magic, laughter, dancing with close friends and strangers. I floated between intimate conversations beneath a cherry tree, lighting fireworks between century-old barns, and screaming anthem rock at the top of my lungs, gravel wedged in my yellow flip-flops, sweaty strangers and bug-spray covered lovers arm in arm.

I got on my bike this morning happy to be an urban girl, happy to live amongst the cars and the people and the bustle. But also refreshed and recharged and happy to know that I can always put on my country girl, run barefoot for days at a time, shower outside in freezing cold water, make a fire, sleep on the ground, and forego a manicure (and a hairbrush) to just enjoy living.

No comments: