19.8.06

officially a junkie

Well, it's official. I'm a music junkie.

I've filled th 20GB iPod from 2 Christmases ago.
Ok, big deal... it's 20 gigs.

Someday, when I have some money again, maybe I'll go upgrade myself to a 60GB. (excuse me, I need a moment alone while I think about 60GB...)

In the meantime, I just want to take a brief moment to reflect on music. For so long, music was an integral part of the fabric of me. And I put it on the auction block, thinking I'd trade it for a life I thought I wanted.

Well, something that flows in your veins isn't so simple to get rid of. It's a bit of a small wonder to me, then, that just about 3 years ago, I had a handful (read: less than a dozen) CDs to my name. Thank God for downloadable mp3 files, or I'd need an apartment just for my music... but I digress. What I am really trying to capture here is how thrilled I am to rediscover and fall in love with music all over again. I thank a few fantastic guides along the journey... and just want to say how fantastic it feels to come home to a big part of who I really am ... who I always have been... and who I never want to forget, again.

1 comment:

Donegal John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.