24.7.06

Ireland

Ireland is the most amazing piece of creation.
I have about, oh a minute before I have to dash out in the raindrops, but let me list just a few of the things that are making vacation 100,000,000,000 times better than I ever imagined.

Peat fires
Windows without screens
Tiny cars that drive on the left
European chocolate
Grand hospitality, the likes of which I have never experienced
Beer that tastes as beer should taste
Fresh fish, whenever I want it
Redheads everywhere
Buildings older than my country
Heather
Sheep
Sleeping til 9AM
Music in the pub. Every. Night.
The view

I have no idea why my ancestors left, but it must have been wild bad, because I cannot say for certain that I won't be sending for my daughter in a few days after I buy an Irish farm and some sheep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn the potato famine, and damn our ancestors for thinking that they shouldn't tough it out and instead headed for this hell hole.

I'll be on the next plane.

The Process said...

Someone should have warned you . . once you go to Europe, you never want to come back.

Safe travels, hope the rest of your week is fabulous!