9.2.06

redline

I don't have a ton of time to post today -- deadlines at work, unfinished homework, doctor's appointments every day this week. I just want to take this redline moment to remind myself of a few things:

1) The Garden State soundtrack can calm me down in very nearly any situation.
2) It's totally OK to eat a cheeseburger at 10:30 in the morning if you are hungry.
3) Don't ever -- EVER -- give me too much time to think, or I will inherently overthink it.
4) I have wonderful, amazing friends who are thoughtful, considerate, and love me. Yay!
5) Everyone gets crabby -- even almost-3-year-olds. And it's OK, and it passes.
6) Karma is alive and well. Glad today, I'm on the good end.
7) There's a tired even dark roast won't fix.
8) 10 minutes in the dark with a sad CD can do amazing things for your mental health.
9) I am so thankful that my job allows me to sit when I need to, flex my life when I need to, and write even when I feel stuck.
10) Eventually, I'm getting out of the country this year (yay).

No comments: