15.6.05

Down with Big South!

Three (more) reasons I'm not a big fan of the south:

(1) Big Tobacco. OK, we've all seen the commericals. And yes, I chain-smoked in high school (until my boyfriend threatened to dump me unless I stopped... thanks, John.)
However, I have been hacking up unpleasantness all week because I spent 2 hours in a smoky bar in St. Paul. No more smoke for me, man. Tobacco is way too gross.

(2) Big Cotton. Is this a real problem? It is for quilters who wish to purchase calicos as less than 9.99 a yard. Come on -- it's cotton!
I vote for cheap cotton. Cheap quilting materials, actually. Help a poor girl out by letting me have some inexpensive crafting tools and supplies!

(3) Big Sugar. Sugar has been real, real mean. She's a catty b1tch who'll stab you in the back(side) as soon as you don't pay close attention. She's manipulative -- so sweet, so harmless... and then she goes in and ruins your love life, your self-esteem, your blood pressure.

Then, there's the whole Wal-Mart phenom... and, I mean, I don't really like the south all that much anyhow, what with all the heat and bugs and mold and such...
But that's another blog entry.

Down with Big South!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Amen, Sister! I say we boycott everything that is South: Wal-Mart. Grits. Collards. Polyester (while it may not have originated in the South, it certainly enjoys more popularity there).

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through. I'm liking the blog by the way..