25.9.06

sunshine, lollipops, and kittens. It's monday.

This weekend absolutely nourished me. It had been a helluva week the last week... change at work, some repairs to do on friendships, personal stuff, self-maintenance on my part... oof. Emotionally charged, to say the least. And anyone who knows me, at all, knows that emotions drive a lot of who I am. I like being passionate... I do. But it's killer sometimes, because I generally speaking don't know how to relax, and I get all angsty about things, and I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed because I experience the world in my heart and not in my brain and... yah, well, it's a growing point for me. I'm learning all about how to use my logical side. And growth is good.

But I digress.

This weekend was a delightful, uproarious, hilarious cacophony of everything that delights me. It's not too often I forego the responsibility of laundry and housecleaning and blah blah blah to just be the Sarah. But I did.

Friday: dinner at Chez Sekhon/Johnson. Stroganoff. Bread Pudding. Liquor. Apples to Apples. Need I say more?

Saturday: Sleeping in (which, we all know, I NEVER do.) Coffee. Breakfast at the Band Box Diner. Farmer's Market (a very cool new one I didn't know about, down near the new Guthrie. A pint at Keegan's. Treehouse Records. Another pint in uptown. Little Miss Sunshine. Nap (what? Sarahs don't nap...). Dinner at Punch. the Cursive show (will review that musicalia goodness in short order). Night cap at Psycho Suzi's. Serious late-night giggling.

Sunday: Sleeping in (again! twice in a weekend! I could get used to this relaxing thing...) Coffee, bacon and eggs. And I'm going to be honest, it was the best. bacon. ever. (Diana, you and I need to discuss this bacon in great detail, as I am almost positive it is the answer to world peace, as you have previously theorized.) Brunch and Bloody Marys at the Triple Rock. A lot of fun, a lot of laughter. Some more relaxation, a little foundation-laying for new friendships, another nap (I'm beginning to see y'all's point on the napping bit), and finally, a big hug and kiss from a beautiful little girl who calls me Mama, and a great rendition of Where the Wild Things Are before bed.

I'm all rejuvenated and life, after charging my own batteries, seems better. A helluva lot better.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Not only bacon, but the uncured, organic stuff. Oh, yeah. I'm telling you, world peace, baby!!!