15.8.06

Luscious Detroit

I'm in Detroit for work this week.
I'm exhausted, from everything life has thrown at me -- from everything I have thrown at life.
I miss my little girl.
I am thinking about the day when life returns to normal. Even if it's a new normal.
My hotel room smells like a basement. I am beginning to think I may end up regretting not bringing the Allegra... but who knew the hotel room was going to be moldy and musty? When are hotel rooms musty these days? I mean... it's not the Ritz, but it's not the Motel 6 either. Sheesh.
And I'm working on a bunch of overdue deadlines. Ew. I got myself into it, generally speaking... you know, life sometimes happens and you need to reprioritize. But I'm feeling a bit like I'm being punished for putting my family first... and that, frankly, ticks me off. Grr.
I'm so tired, but it's that tired that is so tired you don't sleep anyway.
And I miss Ireland, still. I want the Europe homesickness to be over... for heaven's sake, how can you be homesick for a place you have spent 10 days of your life in... when the other 20something years of your life, you have spent in *definitely not Europe*?

Blah. Once, in the game Apples to Apples, Luscious Detroit won. Because it seemed such a paradox. And that paradox couldn't be more true tonight, either.

No comments: